Statesville Haunted Prision
Last night Vorrel
, Erin, Dan, Louie
and I drove all the way to Joliet (SW suburb) to go to Statesville
haunted prision. It was the BEST frickin haunted house I have ever been to.
I would recommend anyone go that lives here in IL. It was worth the drive and 25 bucks. The costumes and sets were amazing. I was scared out of my mind and my body is sore from tensing up so much! Just when you were scared once, another person was in your face. The haunted house started out with a man getting electrocuted and another guy flying above the crowd. At times I felt like I was in the Willy Wonka factory, halls getting smaller and larger, ceilings sloping, crawl spaces. It lasted over an hour and there were 2 haunted houses in one. You were chased out by a chainsaw from the 1st into the next. I am so glad we went, yey for Halloween!!
Has it really been a week since I posted? Yikes! Had a great weekend, spent too much money - but it was worth it. Pictures of the stoop to come.
Here are some good finds for your viewing pleasure.
I applied for the Apartment Therapy Chicago Fall Color Contest. Check it out
and if you could be so kind as to vote for mwa.2. Steven Harrington
. I adore his work.3. Sony Bravia
has done it again.
I'm sure alot of you have seen this already, but it's worth another watch.4. Top 10 ad-tricks in Tokyo’s train stations.5. Vorrel
has been working on the new ShopHouseWear
site for one of my clients. He's done a great job. I have a few final touches and it will be complete.6.
Busy getting ready for my Halloween party this Saturday. Lots to do. There will be Cincinatti style chili, subs, a keg, apple rum punch in dry ice and a whole lot more! Stop by if you are in the neighborhood! :)
Truche was featured my Pumpkin earrings
on Indie Obsession
Vorrel & I went to the Stanton Moore Trio this Thursday. They rocked the Elbo Room.
Vorrel & I went to Michigan this weekend. Didn't take a lot of shots, the colors were really pretty. Had a lot of fun. Thanks mom and dad for trucking around all the haunted houses with us! :)
More photos here
More Spooky Pics...
I added more! I just can't stop...
Wolfbait & B-Girls
Sent off 15 pieces to Wolfbait
in Logan Square here in Chicago.
Saw this over at Piddleloop
You are supposed to tell everyone five weird things about you. Feel free to post this meme if you are feelin' froggy!
1. I still think about the urban legend of "Bloody Mary" everytime I go to the bathroom and it completely freaks me out. Sometimes I book out of the bathroom. And Yes I am also afraid of the dark.
2. I have to sleep with my ear covered because I think someone in the middle of the night might pull it off.
3. I can talk inside of my mouth. It sounds as if someone is in there and can't get out. HELLLLLP, LET ME OUT! I can wiggle my nose and ears, guess that's not that weird though.
4. I have 3 less ribs than everyone else. Long story, but had them removed when I was 15.
5. I am completely and totally OBSESSED with Halloween. Its a sickness really. I think you can tell by now. But I start looking for haunted houses to go to in August. Nothing excites me more than a good haunted house, fall leaves, bonfires and Halloween parties. Which by the way I am having one on the Saturday before Halloween, the 28th to be exact. Invites coming soon.
Ooo Spooky Stoop
I just couldn't wait any longer. I was supposed to wait until this weekend to decorate the stoop, but couldn't. On my way home from work I ran to Kmart and stocked up on Halloween stuff. These photos kinda stink, but its all I got for now. The stoop is not done yet, I think it won't be done until the day of Halloween because I love the process so much.
More photos at the stoop blog