Funny USB drivesThese are great -
See more here
My weekend in Kalamazoo...First off, check out my parents super cool house. I love their decor and 50 style, Frank Lloyd Wright inspired house. My mom has very good taste!
Here is an awesome sculpture my dad carved. He is an amazing artist and art teacher!
My kitty smokey -- he's getting so old!
Here is the little glow worm Sophia!
Lola is protecting her!
That baby shower went really well. A lot of people showed up!
This is the BEAUTIFUL cakes my cousin Mandy made. She cut out each stencil from my invitations. Thank you again Mandy!
Fun with balloons!
Vorrel made this one, how cute!
mmm fridays...I'm so glad today is Friday. Vorrel and I are off to Michigan for my sister's baby shower my mom and I are throwing. Anyone have any fun/stupid games ideas? It's a coed shower.
Off subject, but here is a cool site all about color.
I use it for inspiration when I'm stuck and can't pick out colors for my designs. Here are some color palettes I dig.
Check out this directory of Chicago Blog's --- you can search by El stop and line!
Baby SophiaI went home to Michigan this weekend for work and to see my family and my sister's new baby girl. She is so cute and barely ever cried. It was so weird for me to hold such a small baby. That's the 1st time I've ever held a newborn.
This weekend and such...Well i'm off to another trade show expo for work. This weekend is in Kalamazoo so I get to go home and see my family and my sister's new baby.
Tonight though, i'm going to check out Jigawatt Trio at Wise Fools -- they are really talented guys. But also check out this awesome poster Vorrel did for them.
Happy Happy Birthday Baby...It's Vorrel's Birthday today! Happy Birthday! You are the greatest!
SisterI got a call at 6am that my sister was heading to the hospital to have her 1st baby Sophia. So as we speak, i'm sure she's screaming in her room. I'm really sad because I can't be there with her. :(
Spring in January?It was 55 degrees today, In Chicago, IN JANUARY! It felt so nice and will make it that much harder to stand 20 degrees in a few weeks i'm sure!
I got to work from home today and being distracted by the best cat in the world, I snuck up on him for some photos:
Wow...Is all I have to say - check out the work of Catalina Estrada
MemeGot this meme from Jen @ Piddleloop
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:50am
2. Diamonds or pearls? neither yuck
3. What was the last film you saw at the movies? Syriana
4. What is your favorite TV show? The Office
5. What did you have for breakfast? Medium Dark Coffee
6. What is your middle name? Calista
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Mediterranean
8. What foods do you dislike? Hmm not one specific one.. probably nasty meat foods
9. What is your favorite chip flavor? Cheddar Sour Cream Ruffles
10. What type of car do you drive? I don't drive, I walk.
11. Favorite item of clothing? My hoodies
12. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Tokyo
13. What color is your bathroom? white with blue accents
14. Favorite brand of clothing? Ehh not into labels, I'm a bargain shopper - but if I had to pick it would be my new found love of Gentle Fawn
15. Where would you like to retire to? Somewhere near the mountains
16. Favorite time of the day? 10am - just after I get my boost from my coffee
17. What was your most memorable birthday? 21st haha
18. Where were you born? Clearwater, Florida
19. Favorite sport to watch? No sports on TV, but live hockey
20. What fabric detergent do you use? tide
21. Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke
22. Are you a morning person or a night owl? both, but the older I get the more I'm a morning person.
23. What is your shoe size? 7
24. Do you have any pets? My kitty the ELMO
25. What did you want to be when you were little? I had no idea, I got lucky going to school for digital media.. I had no idea what it even was, but it turned out to be perfect for me!
26. When is your birthday? April 24th
Self Portrait TuesdayThis month the theme is Personal History. Here is a photo of my brother and I when we were young. I love the expression on both of our faces.
2006I'm stealing Ray's questions for my year in review.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you've never done before?
· Moved in with a roommate I met on the internet.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
· Didn't really have any last year
4. Did anyone/thing close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
· None. :(
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked this year (2005)?
· A shop website of my stuff
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
· December 17th -- with the help of Vorrel I got a huge raise at my holiday Christmas party
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
· juggling a full time job, part time freelance work and tryping to craft all at once.
9. What was your biggest failure?
· Not saving any money
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
· Well I took a drunk spill in July and hurt my knee really bad, still hurts -- a pitch fork went through my big toe this fall and recently a metal bar fell on my big toe (same one).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
· My Canon G6 Camera
12. Where did most of your money go?
· Rent, beer and craft supplies
13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
· Happier or Sadder? Happier - I have a wonderful life!
14. What was your favorite TV program?
· The Office!
15. What was the best book you read?
· Living Out Loud by Keri Smith
16. What was your greatest musical discovery?
· Charlie Hunter (Thanks to Vorrel) & Sound Tribe Sector Nine
17. What was your favorite film of this year?
· Love Actually, Syriana, Crash
Resolutions...Some things I want to accomplish in 06:
1. Get Truche up and open for business
a. Create all inventory and decide on what to specialize in
b. Create the website with ZenCart
2. Do as much freelance design work as I can stand and save at least 75% of the money
3. Take a trip to Jamacia SOON
4. Do my pilates DVD at least 3 times a week so that I can actually touch my toes, wow that's sad!