5 Things I Did This Weekend
Taking Red Current's
Idea of 5 Things I did this weekend.
1. Made 6 new necklaces for my new truche shop.
2. Tweaked the design and layout of my online shop.
3. Cut 10 or more glass pieces for earrings.
4. Drank way too much beer.
5. Had a 80's movie marathon with some friends - so far we watched Gremlins, Karate Kid 2 and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. We have 5 more movies to go, so this marathon is to be continued.
What did you do this weekend?
Sometimes I feel like i'm on an inspiration overload. I see so many things that inspire me, sometimes it's all I do. Instead of taking the pieces that inspire me and creating something with it, I just keep looking and finding things that I love. Nevertheless, these things still fuel creativity for me, and for that I am thankful.
1. Stella im hultberg of momomoogie
. Her work is amazing.
2. Jessee of Art School Dropout.
I love the beads she uses, and the way she works with wire.
3.The Paper Boat Boutique.
This is a shop in Milwaukee, WI. It's run by Kim Kisiolek & Faythe Levine.
My ultimate dream is to own my own shop. It will be a junk/craft/jewlery/antique/me store. It will happen one day.
4. Last but not least - Dr. Seuss
. Since I was a kid, I've loved him.
I want this shirt from delias.
Jigawatt Trio - Featuring Vorrel!
Last night I went to the Elbo Room
to hear the
Jigawatt Trio. Vorrel
was a guest singer! They all did an amazing job. I'm an official groupie.
Here's the flyer Vorrel designed for the show. Check out Vorrel in the bottom left hand corner.
He's one sexy mother f$%@#*!
My parents came to visit me on Saturday and Sunday. Because it was -2 outside (NOT exaggerating) - we stayed in most of the day. We did go to PF Changs for dinner. If there is a heaven, it's made of PF Changs lettuce wraps, mmm - I'm drooling just thinking about them!
Then we went to the House of Blues after to see Oteil Burbridge & the Peacemakers
-- it was a GREAT show. They always amaze me.
Here are some random shots of the weekend.
Wakey Wakey, Eggs and Bacey.
Here is my dad sleeping with Elmo. How cute is that? Not as cute as my dad wearing my slippers!
Here's the Moe - very annoyed with us wrapping his toys around him.
Some cool/random shots of my apartment taken by Vorrel.Louie!
I'll leave you with this photo of vorrel and I - hehe.
Did these for a client tonight.
Uh Oh... Paypal watch your back...
Here comes Google with a new program called GBuy...More here.
He has perfect taste...
My valentine's gift. Beautiful orchids.
Grilling in February?
Yes we did! It was almost 50 degrees last night here in Chicago. So for valentine's day, Vorrel and I decided to make chicken and steak kabobs and stuffed green peppers with mashed potatoes!
It was really yummy. It makes me realize how much I enjoy cooking. I need to do it more often! I wish that I would bring my camera with me all the time. I could have taken a picture of us grilling at 9:30 at night. :)
Goodies & Thrift Store Finds...
Over the weekend I scored these at a thirft store.
This very cool metal tree. Great for hanging earrings etc.
This awesome tiny drawer organizer.
I made this inspiration binder. I always keep magazines only for 1-2 pages in them. I cut them all out, threw out the magazines and made an inspiration binder of all of them. I also put tutorials from crafty sites and blogs in it.
I got this in the mail today! A lovely pocket book from lovely design
. Isn't it beautiful?
This weekend and such...
I got as far as downloading my new shopping cart and setting it up. Because I've never used mySQL before, this was quite the process. It is however done being setup, but still needs some CSS tweaking and designing. The fun part! I'm so excited to join the crafty world of having my own online shop. This has been a goal of mine for a very long time.
Saturday I saw the Charlie Hunter Trio @ the Green Mill
. If you've never been to this bar, you need to check it out (if you live in Chicago that is). This was Al Capone's bar at one time. There is a cellar door behind the bar that was used to run liquor up via a hydraulic elevator to booze-thirsty patrons.
Anyways the real point it that The Charlie Hunter Trio
were amazing as always.
It's about time!
First I want to say thank you to Jen @ Piddleloop
for custom making this adorable travel case. It arrived a while ago, but I just got a chance to take a photo of it. Isn't it cute?
Also these postcards just arrived from 16 Sparrows
which I love.
And last but not least, my new creation. Vintage glass earrings. These were hand cut, and sanded. I'm thinking about making a bunch of them and putting them up for sale. If anyone is interested in a pair, email me. They are $25 dollars plus shipping.
1. New music I've been listening to lately: The Weepies
& Jose Gonzolaz
2. Snow today that made me feel like I was inside a snow globe.
3. Having my to do list at work be under 5 lines.
4. Oteil & The Peacemakers
being here for 2 nights next weekend.
5. Bagels, Cream Cheese and Coffee.
6. This post
from A Bird In The Hand.
8. Letterpress from Port2Port
I really liked this one...
Four Jobs You've Had In Your Life
1. Sandwich Artist @ Subway
2. Detasseler for pioneer corn - that's right - no hassle detassel!
3. Administrative Assistant for Pharmacia
4. Graphic & Web DesignerFour Places You Have Lived
1. Clearwater, FL
2. Schoolcraft, MI
3. Orlando, FL
4. Chicago, ILFour Albums You Can't Hear Too Often
1. Blackalicious - Blazin' Arrow
2. Robert Palmer - Sneakin Sally through the Alley
3. Soulive - Turn it out
4. Steely Dan - Greatest Hits (ALL FOUR CD'S!)Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over
1. Office Space
2. Any Dr. Seuss cartoon
4. Monty Python - The Meaning of Life Four TV Shows You Love to Watch
2. The Office
4. Sex & The CityFour Places You Have Been On Vacation
1. Denver, CO
2. Seattle, WA
3. Monterrey, Mexico
4. Indian Lake, OHFour Websites You Visit Daily
1. Google & Google News
2. A Bird In The Hand
4. The Wish JarFour Of Your Favorite Foods
2. New Found love of Potato Pizza
3. Dark Chocolate
4. SpreesFour Places You Would Rather be Right Now
2. In the mountains anywhere
4. Someplace warm
Not going to tag anyone, If you wanna do this meme, consider yourself tagged!
Things To Do....
1. Go to the Berghoff
Restaraunt before it closes this month.
2. Go see the Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs
exhibit when it comes out.
3. Use my dremel for the 1st time and get my glass earrings and website up. Preview coming soon. I finally got some glue that works on glass and metal! WOOHOO!
Stopped at quimby's on my way home from work and got a couple cool books.
Readymade's new book... which i've been eyeballin for a while now.
This book on how to fold practically anything. Envelopes, books, folders, boxes. I'm going to fold everything I get my hands on!