3.15.2007

The horrible electronic song...

So I had an MRI scan today. I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, however not a fun thing to do.

As most of you know, I had bone cancer when I was 15, Chondrosarcoma to be exact. They removed my 3rd, 4th and 5th ribs on my right side. The cancer is gone for now, but I have regular x-rays now and then. So the MRI was partly to check the status of the cancer but also because my thighs have been numb for over a year now - one morning I woke up and they were numb, the numbness gets worse and better at times, but its always somewhat numb. So I finally got off my ass and went to the doctor.

The MRI was so freaking loud, I had earplugs in and it still hurt my ears. Sounded like a bad electronic song, I started to make up words in my head to pass the time. I was in the tube for over 45 minutes. The radiologist guy was so cool, he was talking me through it through the speakers in the MRI. Phewww so glad it's over. They didn't find anything wrong with my spine, or anything else which is good news. Now I need to see a neurologist to have them find out what the hell is wrong with my legs!

Here is a view from the doctors office of Lake Michigan. Happy Thursday everyone.


4 Comments:

At 3/15/2007 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jesus h.
i had no idea.

numb thighs would seriously freak me out. I'm glad you got checked out. *whew* you totally had me frightened there. now stop that!

 
At 3/15/2007 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you have been through a lot, girl! Because I am relatively new to your blog I had no idea about any of this!
I feel your pain with the MRI. I've had many of them done b/c I get really bad migraines. Look at it this way, now it's over! :)
Keep us posted on your doctor's appointments. I hope everything goes okay.

 
At 3/15/2007 8:04 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Glad it went ok - I've never had an MRI, don't think I want to!

 
At 3/16/2007 11:16 PM, Blogger Katrina Martiani said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home