1.02.2007

A fresh start...

2006 in Review



:: I am an aunt -- Sophia is born on January 13th

:: Vorrel sang at the Elbo Room in February, was wonderful to watch him!

:: Attended quite a few concerts: The Charlie Hunter Trio, Wood Brothers, Tribe Called Quest, Oteil & The Peacemakers, Victor Wooten, Jamie Lidell, Dane Cook, Galactic, & The Stanton Moore Trio

:: In March we built a Fort in Louie's Living Room.

:: March 2006, Truche was open for business - built with ZenCart.

:: Did freelance work for House Wears, Fervor, Underground Assistant, Elavate, Premier Properties, & a few blogs as well.

:: Truche was accepted into Copacetique.

:: Vorrel & I went to Orlando in April for work & to visit Gavin.

:: Bought a Holga camera and have had fun with it all year.

:: Went to Ft. Lauderdale for work.

:: Found many thrift & garage sale finds that brightened my apartment.

:: Went to Michigan many times to visit the family.

:: In June I attended a family vacation at Dale Hollow Lake, TN. Had a blast.

:: Spent many days/nights hanging out on the stoop.

:: In August I attended Alexa's (my cousin's) wedding in Erie, PA.

:: In September I did my 1st craft fair - the Renegade in Wicker Park here in Chicago.

:: In October I am officially Roomateless! Enjoyed reorganizing and making a craft room for myself.

:: October - went to Statesville, haunted prison - had a freakin' blast.

:: Had a huge Halloween Bash that was so much fun, went way overboard on decorating.

:: I'm an aunt again! Baby Pook is born on November 14th

:: Went to Memphis, TN to visit my sister and her family for Thanksgiving.

:: Did the Renegade Holiday on December 9th and 10th.

:: Went to Columbia, SC for Christmas to visit Ray & Missy and the fam.



Things I said that I would do this year:

1. Get Truche up and open for business - WOOT this was done and is doing great.
a. Create all inventory and decide on what to specialize in
b. Create the website with ZenCart

2. Do as much freelance design work as I can stand and save at least 75% of the money - ok well I did a lot of freelance, but didn't save much.

3. Take a trip to Jamacia SOON - Hmm what is soon? Still want to accomplish this, this year.

4. Do my pilates DVD at least 3 times a week so that I can actually touch my toes, wow that's sad! HAHA, nope didn't happen.


I dont really like that word resolutions, because its overrated. I do however have a few things that I want to accomplish this year:


::: Again Save Money - for a Jamaica Trip.
::: Reorganize my entire space, get rid of stuff I don't use.
::: Take Letterpress & Screen Printing classes
::: Find a fun way to work out and feel better
::: Enter 3-4 craft fairs
::: Expand Truche with more art and new jewelry designs
::: Seek out freelance design work
::: Smile & Laugh more

What do you want to accomplish this year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home